Monday, October 16, 2006

Bridgewalk

Eleanor discovered the "blue game" (finger paints) on Friday, so when Zach was napping, Eleanor began painting.

3 year olds turn finger painting into hand and arm painting!

To make a spot for Matt's boxes of letters on Friday, I cleaned his top shelf in the closet...which lead to digging a box out from under the bed that I have been avoiding...

My box filled with stationary and cards, odds and ends, and letters I have received from my grammie. I wanted to clean it out so I could put Matt's sewing materials in it that I found on the top shelf in the closet. The box turned out to be pretty easy to clean out, which was nice. So now not only is under the bed getting cleaner, but our top shelf in our bedroom is organized and looking nice, too :-)

On Saturday, my parents, the kids, and I went on a bridgewalk.


Our new bridge is nearing completion. I think it will be open for traffic in December and the observatory will be open in the spring.
Click on this paper to see some bridge facts.

Looking at the old bridge beside us

The cables

Looking at our town from the bridge

We watched a boat parade. The sailboat in the lead was built in 1931, the same year the old bridge was completed. There was a young man in the top bucket, which was neat to see.

And here are the kids with my parents. The kids did very well walking, being carried across the bridge. Zoe didn't like getting too close to the side of the bridge, so we walked in the middle most of the time. When we got to the opposite side of the bridge, Eleanor needed to go potty. We headed back to the other side of the bridge where we started. We stopped at a port-a-potty that was on the bridge and Eleanor and I went inside. Eleanor took one look inside the toilet and decided she was not going potty, so she waited until we got back to my parents' house.
I'm glad we got to participate in this historic event. It was neat to see the bridge up close after watching it being built for several years now.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

That is so cool!

Dawn said...

Sounds like a good family day? Care Bear did the same thing at the mountain park when we went into a porta potty. They are pretty gross!

momofalltrades said...

Cool! Hey, next time, try the finger painting thing with chocolate pudding. She'll love it!