Monday, October 30, 2006

Could it get any more eventful?

One of my fears almost came true last night. I hate to think of the tooth fairy forgetting to leave money for a lost tooth. So, I was grateful when Eleanor needed to go potty around 5:20 this morning. The tooth fairy still had time to put money under Emily's pillow before Emily had to wake up at 6am. Whew!

We've had a very windy weekend here. It was rainy Saturday, but yesterday was dry. We lost our power right after I updated my blog on Saturday, around 1:30pm. I left soon after that with Zoe and Emily to decorate at the church for our Halloween party that evening. At 4pm, we had a pizza party for the primary children and then we had our final rehearsal for our primary program, which we did yesterday. The power went off at church Saturday evening soon after we started rehearsing. But it didn't stay off for long, and we had power for the rest of the rehearsal and for our Halloween party. When we left for home, we didn't know if our power would be back on or not, but thankfully it was.
When the kids and I arrived at church yesterday morning, the power was off again. I pictured us doing the primary program in the dark, nobody being able to hear the children give their talks and scriptures without the microphone working. The power came back on, but then I received a phone call from the primary president saying she couldn't get off Bar Harbor because a power line pole was hovering over the rode and traffic was not allowed under it. Okay...now I am without the primary president and the primary pianist. Can I go home now??? We have a very talented young woman who was willing to play the piano during the program, Great!...but then I start thinking about a song that we're singing that we've done some changes to as far as singing a few verses at a time before the chorus, and we weren't singing the last verse until later on in the program and how am I going to explain all this to her as she's playing the prelude music on the organ, and sacrament meeting is about to start...I hand the task over to our music leader and hope for the best. Sacrament meeting starts, the primary president arrives (yay!), we do the program after the sacrament portion of the meeting, the lights are on, the microphone is working, we're only missing one child, the young woman is doing a great job playing the piano, the children are singing and doing their parts wonderfully, and we survive our 2006 primary presentation. It went exactly the way we wanted it to...once it got started :-)

What's under the bed?...
3-ring binders filled with geneology that my sister completed (bless her heart!)...these will go on the shelves that have been sitting in our hallway for about the last 2 years that are supposed to be up in our bedroom. The time is NOW to put them up (hint hint, Matt :-)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

The tooth fairy forgot Anakin the other night, and he lost two! But his dad went up and told him that the TF had left money on his dresser. I tried to convince him that the TF didn't want to wake him up getting the teeth out from under the pillow! He's getting hard to convince - 8. I think he's finally catching on about Santa as well!