Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Valentine's Luau

We had a fun branch activity this evening after scouts! There was Hawaiian food.
Here is evidence of our "Man of action". I was busy helping a little boy with his food while Kate was following me around telling me how hungry she was. Meanwhile, Noah got a plate and started helping himself to the food.

There was hula dancing.
There was singing.
There were stories of how married couples met.
There were friends to hang out with.
Our Hawaiian Elder played the ukelele and gave a beautiful prayer in his native language. :-)
Some of the kids made a lei at the craft table.

Fun, Fun, Fun!

Matt stayed home this evening with Eleanor. She has had an upset stomach off and on since Sunday and she finally threw up last night. I forgot to mention in my post yesterday that Zoe ended her perfect attendance record. :-( She was telling us a few days ago how she had a dream about being kidnapped and the thing that worried her the most was missing school and ruining her perfect attendance! She'll have to try again next school year. Zoe & Emily did make it to school today. I was going to let them stay home, but they both got up this morning on their own and got ready for school. We'll see if I can get all of the school-aged kids to school tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kris said...

What a great idea for Valentine's Day, I love it! I'm glad Zoe and Emily bounced back quickly and hope everyone is at school today!!