Wednesday, February 14, 2007

To My Valentines

I missed the My Life Monday topic this week about Somebody I love, so I will do it today.

To Matt ~ The man I met 10 years ago and married not long after we met. It was the best decision I have made. My life started going the way I had envisioned it to be after we met. To the man who left for work this morning concerned for my well being on this Valentine snow day. Who wrote up a work/play schedule for the kids before he left. Who inspired my blog name because he is always joking that we have "too many kids". To the man I enjoy spending time with, especially on Friday nights at Pizzeria Uno or at my parents' home watching a movie. Who keeps me smiling with his sense of humor. Who gives baths in the evening and gets the kids ready for bed. To the man who inspires me to be productive and to try new things. I am happy to be your eternal companion :-)

To Zoe ~ For making my dream of becoming a mother come true on March 18, 1999. The baby girl who changed my mind quickly about no binkies!...we have bought many of them since then. Who has made it possible for me to experience unconditional love. To my little toddler who refused to do anything without me who now has no problem being by herself or playing with her siblings. Who is very competitive, which makes her a great student, but hard to get along with at times. Who shows her love through her artwork.

Who still enjoys having me around at school. Who will hold my hand and give me a hug in public. Who I know loves me even when I tell her that I'm not taking her and Emily ice skating today and when I ask her why she thinks that is she replies, "Because you're lazy."

To Emily ~ Who allowed me the experience of becoming a mother of 2 on May 3, 2001. Who Matt remembers as being a very good baby...because I held her all the time. To the girl who looks up to her big sister and tries to be like her. Who is quiet, sweet, and helpful. Who loves to watch movies and gets very excited when she talks about a movie she has seen. Who is nervous and hesitant in new situations. Who makes friends easily wherever she is. Who would rather be home or at her grandparents' house than anywhere else. To my kindergartener who is starting to read. It is a delight to listen to you read words you know and sound out the words you don't.

To Eleanor ~ My little girl who was the one to outnumber Matt and I on May 15, 2003. Who has been easy going and mellow from the start. Who has a personality that makes everyone smile. Who loves babies and has been a great sister to Kate already. Who is the big sister during the day and the little sister during the evening. Who is starting to have more tantrums. To my little girl who loves to play games on the computer. Who is starting to write her letters and wants to go to school. Who loves to dress up like a princess or ballerina and have tea parties.

To Zachary ~ For giving me the opportunity to raise a son on March 7, 2005. Who is surrounded by sisters. Who plays with girl toys a lot. Who copies his sisters. Who loves to say "bye" and wave. Who loves to watch "Diego" and "Dora" and doesn't mind me leaving when they are on. Who loves to eat cheese. Who wants to walk by himself when we go outside to the car. To my little boy who is starting to talk a lot now that he doesn't have a binky during the day. Who has discovered the fun of sharpening pencils with the electric sharpener. Who is very good at picking up his toys. Who loves to be read to. Who picks the same book to read over and over again.

To Kate ~ For bringing pink back into the house on February 6, 2007. Who doesn't have a schedule yet. Who wants to be held some days and will sleep in her carseat other days. Who likes to be held throughout the night. Who tolerates her binky. Who loves to eat and nurses very well. To my baby girl who smells so sweet and is fun to cuddle with.

I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH! Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

What a beautiful post! Happy Valentines Day to all of you!

And I just read the post about the tooth. Good grief, what a day for you. I think I would have been in tears once the whole experience was over.

I hope her tooth can be fixed soon!! I admire you for not taking the easy way out and having your Dad pick her up. I think I would have gone that way. ;-)

Kris said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Dawn said...

What a sweet post. Your really spaced them out every two years, didn't you? I'd love to see them all in real life someday.

I'm the eldest of 5, so Zoe and I have a lot in common.

Rachelle said...

What a beautiful post! You have such a great little family!