Saturday, February 03, 2007

Still waiting

We all went to basketball practice this morning to watch Zoe and Emily. We thought it was their last practice, which is the practice where they actually play a game, but it ended up being just a practice. Next Saturday is the "big game" as Zoe puts it. And then they have one more practice the Saturday after that. I think this basketball program is going longer than usual, but that is okay because it means we're getting a good deal on the little bit of money we spent.

Eleanor wanted her hair put up this morning, which is very rare for her. It lasted until we got home from basketball.

Here is Zoe practicing her dribbling. She is getting very good at looking around while she dribbles instead of looking at the ball.

Here is Zoe taking a shot. It went in!

I'll try to get some good shots of Emily next week. I took one of her dribbling, but she has red eyes and looks evil. Not an attractive picture for her.
Eleanor made a friend at the practice. They rolled a basketball to each other for awhile and then they played with baby dolls that the other girl had brought to the practice. Matt noticed that they put their basketball to bed. Cute.


On the way to practice, Eleanor sneezed and then proudly announced, "I wiped my nose with my coat so it wouldn't get on my pants!" Great.

Today is the day I predicted I would have this baby. No signs of labor yet. I had a stress test yesterday and the baby is still doing well. She doesn't cooperate very well during the test, she is very active when normally she is pretty quiet. It's hard for the nurse to see a baseline heartbeat when the baby is moving around a lot. After an hour and a half of being tested, I was finally able to go home. Matt thinks the baby can hear her heartbeat and it freaks her out...or it could be the munchkins I ate before the test. That brings up another good reason to be overdue...I don't have to think about losing weight yet :-)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love reading your blog. I hope that the baby decides to come soon and everything goes well. I'm thinking about ya!

Kris said...

I love that picture of Eleanor, so cute. Also the basketball being put to bed. Zoe looks like a natural basketball player! I hope you mean that MATT will try to get pictures of Emily next week...You will have a brand-new baby by then!

Dawn said...

Great pictures! Love the little piggy tails. And the basketball put to bed is adorable!

Here's hoping not much more waiting time - but your reasons to be okay with still being pregnant are really good.

Cindy said...

I've been thinking and I really think that baby should come today, since it is my birthday, so hop to it!!! (If only it were that easy, huh!) I hope things are going well!