Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Growing



My Life Monday...on Tuesday. The topic last week that I missed was to share a growing experience in your life. I can think of two things I am currently going through...getting out of debt and having a baby.
Deciding to get rid of our credit cards and live only on Matt's income was a good decision, but it has required many sacrifices and it hasn't been easy. It forces us to focus on our needs and many times we have to choose between needs. We are learning to live without things we want, including datenight at Pizzeria Uno every Friday night. I find myself more aware of being wasteful when the lack of money to replace things is present. I am learning how to make and do things cheaper. I look for fun things to do that cost little or no money. I appreciate gifts and service more. I appreciate everything we have more. This has definitely been a growing experience and it continues to be. I hope that I remember these lessons learned when we have more financial freedom.

A new baby at home is always an adjustment. My schedule and cleaner house are no longer. I think with each child I accept this change better, but it is still hard to be surrounded by chaos. Time needs to be used more wisely and priorities set in place because the window of opportunity for productivity is limited. But the joy of holding a newborn is worth the change. Our little ones are precious and they grow too quickly. As I keep reminding myself, my house will still be here needing a cleaning when my children are gone...which leads me to the thought of a very clean...empty house, compared to my now very messy...full house.

Kate is 3 weeks old today!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Good job Joey. I think it is so hard to manage money! I am good at setting up budgets and money strategies...I am bad at sticking to them.
Babies do grow so fast, don't they! Happy 3 week birthday Kate.