Sunday, February 11, 2007

Home again

Our water stopped working yesterday afternoon. Matt investigated the problem, then called around to see if someone could come and determine what the problem was. Only one guy was available for weekend service and he couldn't come over until this morning. So the kids and I packed up and stayed overnight at my parents' home. It is not easy packing up 5 kids, especially when one is a newborn! And when I was tired and sore from overdoing it in the morning (I know, I know, I'm supposed to take it easy, but I watched a decluttering episode of Oprah when I was in the hospital and I was motivated!)...We took all of the toys that were in the kids' room that hadn't already been assigned to a box and brought them out into the living room. There were a lot of toys! The rule was all the toys we kept had to fit in a big green storage container and a basket that we have. At first, the kids were trying to stuff EVERYTHING back into the two containers, but the containers were soon overflowing and there were still toys on the floor. We took the toys that were on the floor and put them in a bag and then emptied the two containers again and had the kids take turns picking out what they wanted to keep. By the end of the decluttering, the kids were happy with what they kept and we are giving away a big garbage bag full of toys :-)...Anyway, I lifted a box full of toys in this process and I am recovering from that. I had a challenging evening with the kids last night, but I'm glad we were able to stay with my parents where there was water to use.
My mom brought the girls to church with her today (and pretty much ran Primary...thanks again mom!)while I stayed at my parents' home with Zach and Kate. Matt stayed home to be here when the guy came to look at our water problem. The mystery was solved when a break in a wire in the well was discovered. The guy fixed it, we have water again, and our family is back home again :-)

1 comment:

Kris said...

That sounds exhausting! I'm glad you got it fixed and can be back home. Now get some rest!!