Sunday, February 25, 2007

Choices

It's hard to decide what to do when Kate is asleep in her carseat...do I take a nap, do some cleaning, blog, prepare for Primary, or do something fun??? Right now I am choosing to blog.

We had a fun stay at the Holiday Inn Thursday night. The kids enjoyed their surprise, especially the swimming. It's hard to swim with 2 children who don't know how to swim yet and a newborn, so we only went to the pool once all together. Zoe and Emily were able to swim 3 different times though. Eleanor is very excited to take swimming lessons this summer and she loves going to our local pool, but she does not seem to like deep water, which to her that is all there was at the hotel pool. She didn't want to sit on the steps of the ladder in the pool, she didn't like sitting on the edge of the pool to put her feet in the water, and when I would hold her in the pool she had a death grip around my neck! But she did enjoy the water when I was holding her and she felt secure in the fact that she wasn't going to end up in the water by herself.
Zach loved the water and would have stayed in forever, but the water was quite cool and he got cold quickly. The hotel staff had lowered the pool temperature by 5 degrees to conserve energy. It was not pleasant to stand around in that water with little children!
It was fun being together as a family at the hotel, and it was nice not having to drive a long way before arriving at the hotel (although all of our children fell asleep during the 30 minute drive to and from the hotel!). I'm glad I spent my money on this mini getaway for our family. It made me smile when Emily exclaimed Thursday night, "This is the best day ever!".

My sister, her husband, and 2 of her 4 children came to Maine for a visit this weekend, so the kids and I have been visiting/playing with them and my parents since Friday afternoon. It has been fun! It will be sad to say goodbye to them tomorrow (when Zoe and Emily are in school :-), but we will look forward to seeing them in June.

2 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun stay! We stayed at a hotel while traveling to (and from) Florida last spring break. Our girl thought it was the coolest thing ever!
To bad the water was on the cool side for you. I also have one that is scared of being in the pool, she overcame a lot of it last summer!
Have fun visiting with your family!

groovyoldlady said...

We love winter swimming at the VERY warm heated therapy pool at the Boys and Girls club. In the past month my husband has taught the girlies all kinds of tricks. Last visit they each swam all the way across (width-wise) the pool under water!

Come see me again sometime. We motherly Mainahs gotta stick togethah!