Friday, February 09, 2007

Home

Kate and I came home yesterday. The first day home is always a rough one, but I think overall it went well. Eleanor went around telling us to be quiet when Kate was sleeping. When Kate was crying Eleanor tried to quiet her by saying, "shhh" and then exclaimed to me, "She's not listening to me!"...welcome to my world Eleanor.
Kate had a blowout right after we got home. Eleanor observed quite accurately that there was poop everywhere!
Zach did better than I expected. He slept most of the afternoon. He got upset when I sat down to feed Kate in the evening, but it wasn't long before he went back to playing with the dollhouse with Eleanor. Matt showed him pictures of Kate the other night, so I think that has helped. This morning he has been pointing to Kate and saying, "baby Kate" and "baby Kate's binky".
Kate slept a lot through the night at the hospital, but she was up a lot last night. Of course now she is sleeping! Zoe woke up very tired this morning and it showed when she tried to tell me how long her hair is getting, but it came out as, "See how hair my long is!"
I am doing well. I'm recovering quickly. The cramping when I nurse is more painful than any contractions I had during labor, so that is annoying, and the area around my right knee feels numb when I touch it (from the epidural), but it feels better today so I think it will be back to normal soon.
Matt is back to work, Zoe and Emily are at school, and Eleanor, Zach, Kate, and I are going to have a low-key day at home.

More pictures...




4 comments:

Kris said...

Joey, thanks for the update and the cute pictures! I was wondering if you came home yesterday. I'm glad everyone is doing well and adjusting to the new arrival. I hope everything continues to go well and that you can get some rest!

Cindy said...

Joey you are amazing! I'm glad that everything is going so well for you guys! :)

Kristen said...

She is just absolutely precious and adorable!! Your other girls look like great big sisters and Kate looks so itty bitty in your husbands arms!

Congratulations, once again!

Phae-Jae said...

I LOVE the name Kate. I love pictures with big sisters. They will treasure them one day!