Wednesday, August 10, 2011

On The Road

We are home now, but we spent most of the day in the car. We got up early to take Zoe & Emily to their swim class. It was pouring rain when Matt & I woke up, but it stopped raining by the time class started.

Since Girls Camp was so rainy this year, the stake Young Women leaders planned an extra Girls Camp craft/swim day, which was today...on this rainy day! It cleared up enough that the girls did go swimming and they had a fun time. The activity was in Fairfield, so we left our house after lunch, drove to Bangor (30 minutes away) to pick up a FableHaven book at the library that we had reserved for Zoe & Emily, then we drove to Fairfield, which is an hour from Bangor. While Zoe was at her activity, the rest of the kids & I drove to Waterville (5 minutes from Fairfield) to go to Walmart to do some more school shopping. We spent 2 hours at Walmart, but it miraculously didn't feel that long. We went back to Fairfield to pick up Zoe and then we drove to Ellsworth, which is about an hour and a half from Fairfield. Zoe went to her 2nd Young Women's activity of the day and Emily & Eleanor went to Activity Days. We were all happy to get out of the car at that point to play and eat!

For Young Women's, the girls made modest dresses out of newspaper. Zoe and Brittyn modeled the dresses. Zoe's dress was actually really cute! I didn't have my camera with me, but I have pictures being emailed to me and I will post them as soon as I get them. The girls were so proud of their dresses that they went to Walmart to show them off. You just never know what you are going to see at Walmart, do you?! That ended up being an embarrassing experience, but I bet it is one they will never forget. Then we drove home, another 35 minutes in the car. Did I mention that our window is still broken, so we drove all these miles, in the rain with the window down? Yeah.

No comments: