Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A Moose in Town

This moose stopped traffic last week on Route 1. Today, it was hanging out near the health center, which is near the schools. My Dad called to tell me about the moose, so the kids & I hopped in the car and went to see.



The lady that reported the moose to the police said that the moose charged her car and then the moose was found peeking in her neighbor's window. The police and game wardens had the moose behind a fence when we went to see it. Not long after we got there, the moose was poked with a tranquilizer and was out less than 5 minutes later. The moose was put on a tarp or something like that and was lifted up into a truck.

Last week, the moose was released into the wild in the next town over. Hopefully, the local newspaper will tell the outcome of this adventure tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mal said...

I remember moose hanging out in our backyard sometimes. When I came back to work in the summers I had a number of tourists ask for tips on how to catch moose out and about (what do you say? "Uh, act like a tree?") and other tourists would butt in and say, "Oh, no, there are no moose on this island." When I would correct them and tell them that often there are, depending on the year, the know-it-alls would get upset and tell me I was wrong.

So maybe it was just a cat I saw munching on leaves back there then.