Monday, August 22, 2011

No More Weeding

Every crop that I have weeded around this summer has been eaten by the deer a day or two later. First it was the squash and pumpkin plants. Then my sunflowers. Now the garden.

The deer jumped the fence last night and knocked over our tomato plants and some of the corn stalks. I'm thinking that I need to stop weeding to keep the deer away!

After years of dealing with eczema, I finally took Eleanor to the doctor today to have it looked at. I paid a good chunk of money for the doctor to give me some advice on what over the counter products to use and he also gave Eleanor a prescription, which we will use this winter when the itching gets worse. I almost cancelled the appointment since Eleanor's skin has been looking better lately, but since some of her skin is still itchy and raw from scratching, I decided to keep the appointment.

We got back in time for me to bring Kate to her swimming class. It was pouring out when we left for Eleanor's appointment, but it was clear and getting sunny when we got back home.

We went to the pool this afternoon. It was in the low 70's today and there were only a few people at the pool when we got there. That was a good thing because there were no breaks, so the kids could swim non-stop for an hour or so. Zoe & Emily went to the park and then came back while the younger kids were swimming. The kids had fun playing with the lifeguards and they each enjoyed a frosted sugar cookie before leaving.

Eleanor, Zach, Kate, Noah, & I went over to my parents' house this evening for dinner and then my Mom & I met with Dodie who is our visiting teacher. We had a nice evening. Matt, Zoe, & Emily worked on the new house.

Zoe is making a book through Shutterfly for one of her personal progress projects. It will be all about the things we did this summer. Having a daily record here on my blog of what we have been doing is going to be a great help to Zoe. I'm glad that I followed the feeling I had at the beginning of the summer that I should write down at the end of each day what we did that day. :-)


1 comment:

Kris said...

what a fun project - the shutterfly book, not the weeding... oh, deer.