Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Library Day

Zoe, Emily, & Eleanor spent most of the day today with Daisy & Anna at their grandmother's house. They went swimming, they rode bikes to the park, they played, they ate, and they had lots of fun!

The younger kids & I went to our local library for story time and to check out books. Zach has never been a fan of sitting and listening to books, so after listening to 2 books during story time, he was done. Kate & Noah followed his lead and we left the story time room at the beginning of the 3rd book. That was okay because we had one more library to visit.

We went to the Bangor library to drop off and check out books there. We also picked up some DVD's and books on tape to listen to in the car. We listened to "Finding Nemo" on the way home. The kids looked at the "Finding Nemo" book as they listened. It kept them happy and entertained. :-)

I can relate with Dory (from Finding Nemo) and her short term memory. While I was driving to pick up Zoe from soccer this afternoon, I reminded myself to pick Zoe up before heading to church. Not long after this self reminder, I was on the road heading to church without Zoe! I turned around and went to pick up Zoe and then headed to church. I have to admit that I often remind myself to do something and then 2 seconds later forget about whatever I was reminding myself about. I'm glad I remembered Zoe before I got too far out of town!

This evening, Zoe & I enjoyed one on one time together after our activities. Zoe went to Young Women's and I went to a Cub Scout ice cream social, which included one boy for most of the time until another boy showed up near the end. Zoe & I went to Goodwill where Zoe found some soccer practice clothes, which made her very happy! We went to a few stores to look for shoes, but the shoes she liked didn't fit her. We went to Friendly's for dinner. I gave up on my F.Y.T. program a few days after I took a day off several weeks ago. I'm sure I will come up with a new plan in the future, but right now I am just eating whatever...and not weighing myself.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Ah, summer vacation!! it seems so far away now :)

Finn isn't a huge fan of listening to stories either... it seems like my other kids would sit and listen as long as someone would read to them - not Finn!

That's fun Zoe is playing soccer, she has many talents. And fun you guys had some mother-daughter time!