Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Steve (Grandpa)

We had a visitor at Kate's swim lesson today. A bat. It flew over the kids and landed on the wall fairly close to me. I kept my eyes on it, preparing to swat it away with Kate's towel if it flew at me, but it soon flew the other way out of the pool area. It certainly created a memorable moment at the pool!

I was able to spend some time alone with Kate as we ran some errands after swim lessons. We stopped at the Miles Lane School, so Kate played on the playground for about 5 minutes. I loved hearing Kate laugh as we raced back to the Yukon. She still finds it amazing that I can run!

I spent some time with Zach & Noah this afternoon. They went with me to Walmart to pick up some household items. I was thankful that Zoe was willing to stay home with everyone else because bringing everyone to a store is quite exhausting!

We had FHE in the early evening. Zoe helped Kate do a fabulous lesson. We took turns picking a heart. The hearts had words on them that were either something good or something bad that we do. The bad hearts went near the no sign and the good hearts completed the flower. It was a fun lesson!



Later in the evening, I picked my grandmother up and we went over to my parents' house to watch the movie "Bella" with my Mom. The movie was a bit confusing at first, but as we figured out what was going on, it turned out to be a good movie. I think they should have made the movie longer to explain some situations better and to develop the characters more. I am left to wonder about too many things!

Here is the latest progress on the new house.


I will end with Happy Birthday wishes to Steve. We are looking forward to your visit in 3 weeks!

1 comment:

Martie said...

What a great FHE idea!