Monday, April 16, 2007

The weekend

First of all, I have to make a correction. Matt IS 6'2", actually he states he's 6'2 and 1/2", sorry Matt for making you shorter than you are.

We had quite a weekend. Friday afternoon/evening was the calm before the storm. My mom took the day off from work, so she came over in the afternoon with lunch, ready to play Phase 10. It was fun having her come over to visit and play! When Zoe and Emily got home from school, my mom took Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor home with her to spend the night. Sweet. I enjoyed the quiet knowing that Saturday would be just the opposite. I also enjoyed some one on one time with Zach while Kate slept. Zach sat on my lap for dinner and he shared a piece of pizza with me. It was so much fun to cuddle and spend time with him. Matt and I watched "Two weeks notice" in the evening. Kate continued to sleep and Zach sat with me in my chair (he took a late nap so he was wide awake during the movie, but he was very good).

Saturday morning a couple that we know dropped off their two girls (ages 2 & 4)that I offered to watch for the day and overnight so the couple could go to the Boston temple. The temple is 4 hours away, so going there is an all day affair. Matt went to pick up Eleanor to come home to play with her best friend who I was watching. Zoe and Emily stayed over with my parents for one more night. It was a busy, exhausting day taking care of a 2 month old, two 2 year olds, an almost 4 year old, and a 4 year old, but it felt good to provide this service. I know I appreciate my family and friends taking care of my children so I can have a break.

Zoe and Emily are on vacation this week. I hadn't thought much about having all of my kids home this week and I didn't dread it, so I guess that means I'm okay with it. It's raining today, Zach just finished watching a "Dora" movie, I'm doing laundry, and Zoe is asking, "Are you done yet?" so she can write her first post on her new blog which you can find here.
Emily has created a blog as well here.

4 comments:

dawnae said...

That is one busy weekend! I am glad that you could help out that couple...it seems it is so hard for me to get to the temple, and it is only a few blocks away!

lexi said...

Wow!!!! what a busy day!!!

Phae-Jae said...

My husband is 6'2 as well. I am 5'2. As my girls get taller, they make me look funnier!

Glad you survived your long day. It was a good service, you deserve a long bath!

Janae said...

Sounds like one of those very long days! So, great to help others get to the temple. I remember when my parents used to have to travel to St. George to get to the temple. That was always an ordeal and it is only 2 hrs. away not 4! I think Lexi is a little envious that your girls have their own blogs!