Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I love baskets!


I love to use baskets to organize things. Here is my most recent project...

This is where our mail/school papers used to be. I would sort through the pile one day and the next it would like I never touched it.



So I finally got organized in this area. Now I have the girls put their school papers in this basket when they empty out their backpacks.



It fits perfect under our dresser in the living room. Looks a lot neater doesn't it! Now I look through their papers everyday, but I don't stress about sorting through them to make the kitchen look cleaner.


And this area looks better, too :-)



Now I sort through the mail everyday. Catalogs get put on the table to be looked at in the evening and then thrown away. The kids' magazines get put in their room. Our church magazines get put on the table...I like to read during lunch and the girls look at the Friend magazine a lot more if it is where they see it often. Bills go in our Bill basket.



Matt's Church mail goes in this basket which fits under a table in the living room.



And junk mail goes in the trash.

Works for me!

6 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

I love baskets too, and do not love all the backpack debris! Great way to catch the clutter, and make your home look good!

Mom2fur said...

What would we do without baskets? Especially pretty ones! Speaking of junk mail, don't forget to get rid of all those annoying extra papers they put in your bills. You know, the ads and things you never look at anyway. If you do this as soon as a bill comes in, even if you aren't paying it at the moment, it will be that much less paperwork to deal with later. I swear my mail weighs about 90% less once I do that, LOL!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Wonderful idea! I have some extra baskets that need a good use. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I use a basket for our mail and filing.

Dawn said...

I love baskets, too. In fact, I used to have my whole soffet in my kitchen decorated with baskets of every variety.

lexi said...

great organization!!!!