Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'm getting a headache

I hesitate to write right now in fear that everything will be negative, but my opportunities to be on the computer this week with all the kids home are limited. I took the kids to storytime at the library this morning. We haven't been to storytime in awhile because Matt usually has the Yukon on Wednesdays...and most other days for that matter, but I'm getting used to being home and I like it. But it was nice to get out of the house today. We went grocery shopping, yes, with 5 kids because it is payday, it is my one day with the car, and our evenings are busy for the next few days. I think that's where my headache began. The kids were really good, it's just tiring keeping track of everyone and making quick decisions as to what to buy before some crises occurs (I'm not good at bringing a list). I did let Zach out of the cart toward the end of our trip because he was getting crowded. He kept Zoe busy as she kept track of him. I'm glad she was there to help!

Besides regular chores, Zoe and Emily have been given a project to do each day this week. When their chores and project are done then they can sit down and watch a movie. Monday they cleaned out their boxes that are under the bed in their room, yesterday they cleaned inside and the outside of the refrigerator. Zach had written all over the front of the fridge, so they worked awhile getting that off and it looks much better now. Today they helped me bring the groceries inside the house and they put the groceries away. It's nice having helpers around! But I could do without the playing. We have been inside a lot because of cold, rainy weather and this seems to be creating loud, obnoxious behavior! Another reason for the headache.
Everyone talks to me at once, Zoe reads what I'm writing on my blog as I type (it drives me nuts!), someone is always hungry, and Kate gives me short breaks here and there. I've decided that my mom and Matt's mom should come take care of Kate for me because she is always happy to cuddle with them. She gets comfortable in my arms and then I have to get up to tend to one of her siblings which disturbs her peaceful state...and mine!

Anyway, here are some things for me to remember...
Eleanor says "Princess and the Pawprint" instead of "Princess and the Pauper".
Zach has been saying "Yeah baby" sounding like Austin Powers (at least that's what it sounds like he's saying).
Zach has a new interest in holding Kate...

Eleanor has had a few rare moments of wanting her hair up and out of her face (These pictures are for you, Steve)...


Emily's painting is in the background.

I feel better now that I've sat down to blog. Thanks for reading.

P.S. There is a fly walking around the computer. I can tolerate ladybugs, spiders, ants and other critters, but I HATE flies. Weird, huh! Eleanor on the other hand tries to make the flies her pets. She was very upset one day at my parents' home when a fly was stuck on some sticky fly tape. She insisted that we get the fly off so she could take it home. No thank you!

3 comments:

Janae said...

Joey, you are having the day! It sounds like you have made progress though (just grocery shopping with that many is major progress!) I love Eleanor's hair pulled back. She looks really cute!

dawnae said...

I have a headache today too! Love those days...You are one brave sould to go grocery shopping with five kids. when I take all the kids I invariably come home with a lot more treats than I normally would get! I hope you get over that headache.

Cindy said...

.........it's like my kids spring break all over again! Well, close......Actually, I am so impressed with you! I thought grocery shopping with 4 was a huge undertaking! I'm sorry today has been so trying, hopefully tomorrow will be better.