Friday, April 20, 2007

Getting ready for Sunday

I was asked to go into the Young Women's class on Sunday to talk about journals. I decided the best resource to use was my own journal I kept when I was a young woman, so I dug it out...and I'm going to burn it after I use it on Sunday. Let's just say that I was boy crazy and leave it at that. I do still agree with a thought I had as a teenager that we shouldn't be interested in the opposite sex until we're old enough to be married...if only I had taken my own advice! But I definitely could go for that with my kids.

I just made a handout to give to the young women and I really like it, so I'm sharing it with you. The information came from the Young Women Manual 2.



Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Janae said...

I love the handout. It looks really cute and it gives the girls some really good ideas. I hear ya about wanting to burn the old journals! It is so sad we can't know then what we know now!

Dawn said...

I didn't journal until I had kids, and I'm really glad I have them. Especially the one I found the other day, which took place right at the period we're writing about in our story. Kev and I have finished Part VII, just in time for me to head out for Georgia.

LaRae said...

You better not have burned that journal! Your girls will love it when they get older! Let's just say we were probably all boy crazy when we were teens. I kept journals faithfully then, but haven't since I've had my kids (so wrong!). So - all my history entails which boy I was in love with at what time. I would write the name of whoever I "loved" at the top of every journal page. Of course, that usually changed monthly (sometimes weekly - how fickle!) Obviously, that was a huge part of our lives then - now we are "kid crazy" - so much better!