Friday, March 09, 2007

Welcome Party

The two newest babies at our church.

Kate is 1 month old and the baby boy is 2 months old.
The sisters at our church gave me and another mom a shower this morning. It was fun having a pink and blue party. Kate's presents were on the pink table and the baby boy's presents were on the blue table. There was a pink cake for Kate and a blue cake for the baby boy.

It was fun getting presents for Kate. Zach had fun helping...something he has learned from his sisters!


Zoe's class put on a short play this afternoon so I planned on going from the shower. We did go, but we ended up being late for the play, which meant we pretty much missed it since the plays her class put on are only 5-10 minutes long. When we got there, I realized that Zoe had already done her part and I was bummed. But I think because of my volunteering at the beginning of the year so Zoe's teacher knows me from that, and dragging 3 kids into the school with me she had the kids do their reading parts over again for me. Very sweet of her and I appreciated it. Zoe's class has been learning about the Chinese New Year so they went through the Chinese calendar characters. Zoe was the Snake.
Here is a picture of her costume and lantern.

Yesterday, Zoe's class went to our local Chinese restaurant for a field trip. I was bummed to miss that adventure!

I saw Emily in front of Zoe's school looking at a very impressive ice sculpture with her class as I was walking into the school, but I was in a hurry so I didn't get a chance to say hello. I think both girls had a fun Friday at school.

Kate is wearing her first 3-6 month outfit today!

7 comments:

lexi said...

kate is really cute!!!

Janae said...

Sounds like one of those busy days! I am glad you got to hear Zoe read. What fun to have a boy/girl shower. You must have a really nice ward.
Kate looks so cute and already growing so big.:)

Rachelle said...

What a fun little shower! Kate is adorable!

Lei said...

Gosh, don't they grow quickly? She's beautiful! And what a fun shower!

Phae-Jae said...

Showers are always fun! I was in a ward that we had at least one a month! Lots of sweet babies.

My babies were all in 3-6 months, just weeks after birth!

She is a doll! Hope you are feeling good.

Lisa M. said...

Oh, how cute. I love that. Just neat.

Kristen said...

She is so precious and so cute! Sounds like a fun shower. Our church only hosts showers for you when you have your first baby. Luckily, my work friends had a shower for me when Feisty was born.