Sunday, March 18, 2007

Birthday, Blessing, Baptism

What a day! It went fairly smoothly except for a few of my "Senior" moments. I put Kate's blessing dress on her at church before Church started and then went to get her binky that I had last saw on a nearby table, but it was gone! I checked the diaper bag...no binky, I checked my church bag...no binky, I checked the floor, behind the chair, under the cushion of the chair...no binky. What happened to the binky???(Kate is crying by now). I wonder if Zach took it off the table and hid it somewhere. Well with no binky, our before Church/blessing pictures looked like this...



Somehow I did manage to get this cute picture...

Isn't Kate's blessing dress adorable?! Matt's Mom picked it out and it was perfect.
Have I mentioned yet that today is Zoe's 8th birthday?! When we were in Utah, Matt's Mom took Zoe shopping to pick out a CTR (Choose The Right) ring for a baptism gift. Zoe was very anxious to have her ring, so she was able to open it before church and wear it all day...


It looks a lot like the CTR rings the children get in Primary, but the band is fancier.

I got Kate asleep at the start of Sacrament meeting and she was asleep when I handed her off to Matt to bless her. It didn't take Kate too long to wake up and start crying during her blessing. I wasn't surprised. But I was surprised that she didn't cry for long and she was quiet through most of her blessing. It was a beautiful blessing. Matt said a phrase kept coming to his mind as he was giving Kate her blessing, but he didn't want to say it so he would push the thought into the back of his mind and then say something else. But finally he told Kate that she would be a help to me and she would take care of me. Matt and I discussed this during our ride home and we're thinking that this referred to the future when Kate is 68 and I'm 100 (one of my goals is to live to 100).
Kate slept through the rest of Sacrament meeting and most of the rest of church which was nice. Of course she woke up to eat right before Sharing Time (my one responsiblity during Primary for the day) so I gave my Mom instructions for Sharing Time and she took charge (thanks, Mom!) I took advantage of a full, content Kate and took this cute picture...

The Primary children, teachers, and leaders sang Happy Birthday to Zoe...I assume since I was feeding Kate...and she got a present from the Primary. She opened it after church with some of the children looking on...


A puzzle!
I was doing some things after church to get ready for Zoe's baptism when I felt something in my pocket...Kate's binky! When did I put the binky in my pocket??? Obviously sometime before church, but I don't remember doing it and I never thought to look in my skirt pocket for the binky because usually I don't wear skirts that have pockets.
Senior moment #1.
To be continued...

4 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

What a beautiful day. I'm glad you were able to make it to church for the blessing. I do love the dress.

dawnae said...

oh my gosh what a busy weekend you all had! Your baby Kate is absolutely beautiful! Wow you are going to need a vacation after this weekend.

Janae said...

This sounds like a really big day! I have senior moments constantly...so, I relate! Kate looks so cute in her blessing dress!

Janae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.