Thursday, March 08, 2007

Be Happy

Kate only woke up once to eat last night...we went to bed late and woke up before 6am, but we got long periods of rest in between :-) I'm not feeling tired, so why am I in such a bad mood??? It's still morning and I'm already at the point of easily being annoyed by my children. There seems to be a constant need for me to do something for Zach and Eleanor...while I hold Kate, who wakes up and cries when I put her down. I think it's time to come up with 10 things I AM happy about...before I read a book to Zach that I'm sure I have read a hundred times in the past few days.

1) I am in a warm house on a cold day
2) I have no place to be, so a no-shower day is okay
3) I paid the bills and still have money for food and gas
4) We have electricity, so I can use our computer while holding Kate
5) I can hear Zach sing the alphabet
6) Eleanor is in her room playing
7) We are all in good health
8) We have one car that works*
9) I'm not Relief Society President
10)Matt's parents are coming to visit next weekend

Thanks Cindy for this idea to focus on the positive. I needed it today!

*Matt's truck has died. We are back to both of us using the Yukon, which means I am home a lot more...mental note to self ~ be positive, this could result in our house getting cleaned more often now...probably not.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Those kind of days are so hard! Hang in there, tomorrow will be better. I'll be thinking about ya!

Dawn said...

Kristen did the same thing today - focusing on the positive in a very difficult time. Good for you!

Getting that much sleep with a one month old is HUGE!

Phae-Jae said...

I've been there...like, yesterday!
#9 made me laugh, so true!
I hope you end up having a GREAT day.