Friday, September 01, 2006

Family Time

We went to Emily's open house at her school yesterday when Matt got home from work. Emily met her teacher. She has the same teacher that Zoe had for kindergarten, so I'm happy about that. Emily found her cubby, she found her name on a clothespin that she will move each day she gets to school to let the teacher know she is present that day, she found her name on a poster that tells her which colored table she will sit at each day, which will change day to day, she went to all the centers in the room to see what she will be playing and learning with (her favorite area was the play kitchen), and we all rode a schoolbus around the block. It took some time for Emily to feel comfortable in the classroom, but we almost had to drag her out of there when it was time to leave! She is ready for school to start on Tuesday.

When we got home from the open house, Matt set up a tent in our backyard for us to sleep in last night. Our first family campout (does that reveal how much I LOVE to camp???). I don't like to be cold, and my experiences of sleeping in a tent have involved freezing, and I can't sleep when I am cold. Matt took good care of me last night and gave me the best mattress and blanket, so I was very comfortable and warm. We read some books after we got in the tent, read our scriptures, said our prayers, and then it was lights out. Zach crawled around a bit, tortured Eleanor by pulling her binkie out of her mouth while she was trying to go to sleep, we realized he didn't have his binkie, so we searched a few minutes for it and found it, and then everyone settled down. Eleanor and Zach woke up throughout the night, Matt froze and slept a little, I slept good when Eleanor and Zach were sleeping, and Zoe and Emily slept great. When Zoe and Emily woke up this morning, they laughed when they realized that Eleanor was in Emily's spot, Emily was in Zoe's spot, and Zoe was on the grass. I'm glad we camped out. It was fun to sleep outside under the stars together.


1 comment:

Dawn said...

I do not like camping, but congratulations on creating good family memories!

School started here 10 days ago already. We're enjoying Labor Day off.