Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Big steps for little ones

It is now Tuesday and I'm finally going to tell you that Zach went to nursery for the first time on Sunday. Matt brought him in because I knew Zach would put up less of a fuss with Matt than with me. Zach did end up seeing me before the nursery door closed and he cried, but the nursery leader shut the door and he settled down quickly. I think it helped that Eleanor was in there with him. He stayed in nursery the entire 2 hours :-) He cried a little bit when Eleanor left the room to go potty, but he didn't cry for long that time either. The nursery leader was impressed at how well he sat at the table during snacktime and ate...yes he is serious about his food. I'm a little surprised that he did so well staying in nursery...but I like it!

I am spending this week at home to potty train Eleanor. She's pretty much trained already, but she was wearing pull-ups, so she wouldn't go pee on the potty all the time. Yesterday morning I told her there would be no more pull-ups during the day and she could either wear underwear or nothing. She opted for underwear and she stayed dry all day yesterday :-) I hope today goes as well. We were outside yesterday afternoon and Eleanor was acting like she needed to go potty, so I was hurrying her inside saying, "quick, quick, quick" She annoyingly replied back, "I'm quicken, I'm quicken!"

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Little Feisty did so well for weeks, then backslid. We're having a tough time. The pull-ups don't help, that's for sure.

Kristen said...

Very cute!!