Friday, September 08, 2006

And the ultrasound reveals...

Can you believe I'm halfway through my pregnancy already?! I had an ultrasound yesterday and our baby girl is doing great. We're all in a bit of a shock that we're having another girl, but I'm excited. Hopefully Matt will get more excited as we get closer to the birth, it's typical for him to take that long to get used to the idea of having a girl. I was hoping Zach would have a little brother to chum around with, but he is just going to be surrounded by girls. Here's baby ?...



Matt received the devastating news (as he puts it) of having another girl on his birthday. I think he managed to have a good birthday anyway.
Notice the pink candle...not planned, that was the only color candles we had.

The Dora banner has been up since Eleanor's birthday. Zoe asked me the other day when I was going to take it down. I thought about doing it yesterday, but then got distracted by something else, so there it remained for Matt's party...no wonder he doesn't want another girl!

After Zach devoured his piece of cake, Matt washed him up to go play. The rest of us started looking at the ultrasound pictures and didn't pay much attention to where Zach was. I looked over at the table and saw a very happy Zach in Eleanor's seat enjoying the rest of her cake. He ended up having a bath when he was done that piece.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow; the estrogen in your house must be thick. At least Matt and Zach will always be able to have good dad/son bonding times just the two of them.

The ultra sound pictures are great! So clear and apparent!

Cindy said...

A girl! That's great! I bet the girls are very excited. That's what my mom had, 4 girls and 1 boy! It was great! Congrats!

Dawn said...

Zach will be spoiled rotten by all the little mothers! I can't believe the ultrasounds these days. Of course, I'm so old that they didn't even have such a thing. We took pot luck!

Ashley Lasbury said...

Yeah! Another daughter!

I am the eldest of 5 girls. My Dad finally gave up and got a hunting dog after the last girl....a male.

Nettie said...

Congratulations! I didn't realize you were already that far along. We're wondering if we are going to be a 4 girl, 1 boy family, too. Although, neither of us care one way or the other on gender.

Rachelle said...

Yay for a girl! Such cute pics!