Wednesday, August 30, 2006

May I have a shot please?

Eleanor went to see the doctor yesterday for her 3 year check-up. She was very excited to get a shot...yes, you read that right, a shot. She told everyone in the doctor's office that would listen, "I'm getting a shot!" She watched Emily get 3 shots over the summer, so I think she figured since she was going to the doctor, she would get a shot, too. At one point she happily exclaimed, "I'm going to get a booboo, just like Emily!" After the nurse took Eleanor's blood pressure, Eleanor told us with a big smile on her face, "I got my booboo!" She didn't need any shots yesterday, not until she is 5...we'll see how excited she is about them then.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Very unusual! I don't think I know anyone else who likes to get shots! She must have had a really good nurse giving her shots in the past.

Kristen said...

Wow. I can't imagine a kid being excited about shots. Maybe she didn't really understand what a "shot" is. Or, maybe you're just lucky.