Monday, September 04, 2006

My Life Monday and more

I like things to go in order, so I'll start with a video of Zoe riding her bike one day last week WITHOUT training wheels. I decided it would be easier for her to use a bike that is too small for her, than one that is a little too big. She really hasn't been on a bike most of the summer, so I finally took her training wheels off last week and after a day of riding, she was riding like a pro. Matt, she does come close to your truck, but she DOES NOT hit it...and it's the closest she got to it all day.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing


I've wanted a little slide for Zach for awhile now, but I didn't want to pay full price for one. I thought it would be nice to go to some yard sales to see if I could find one. I went to a yard sale a few weeks ago and bought some outside toys for Zach and Eleanor, but no slide. My mom and I were driving home from having breakfast together on Saturday and we saw some toys by the road at someone's house, not far from our house. We passed and wondered if the toys were being given away and my mom decided to turn around. I'm glad she did because we got this slide for...free! Matt had to go pick it up with his truck...which is kind of fixed...and when he brought it home all the kids had fun playing on it.


*Truck update* Matt had his truck towed to a local shop, they did about $300 worth of work on it to say that the steering is fine...which is the problem that Matt wanted fixed because one minute the steering would be fine, and then the next it wouldn't be. Not good. So, we are still using one car, which I've become used to, and it is saving us money on gas which is helping us pay other bills and get out of debt. So, I don't wish for things to change right now.

We all took turns shooting at a target on Saturday. Zoe and Emily had a great time! The target we used is an old griddle.








We wore Zach out on Saturday sliding, swinging, bike riding, and eating ice cream.


Eleanor's face looks pretty bad with mosquito bites and scratches. This evening Matt told Eleanor that right now she has a face only a mother can love. Giggling, Eleanor replied back, "Yeah! look at YOUR face!" The girls and I thought it was funny!



On this Labor Day, I am celebrating my job as a full-time Mother. I am surrounded by love, fighting, cuddles, hitting, laughter, crying, singing, yelling, sharing, selfishness, excitement, boredom, dirty diapers, potty training, constant hunger...for food and attention, dirty faces and hands, smiles, frowns, learning, playing, Dora, paper dolls, trucks, binkies, blankies, silly songs, bedtime stories, and so much more, but I am tired from all the work I have done on this Labor day and I am going to bed. In my opinion, I have the BEST job a woman can have :-)
P.S. The worst job I have had was washing pots and pans at a university dining hall when I was in high school. I definitely DO NOT miss that.

No comments: