Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Homework

Zoe and Emily enjoyed their first day at school. It was very quiet and clean here until they came home and were both telling me about their day at the same time, while pulling papers out of their backpacks and spreading them out everywhere. It was fun, though. It may wear off, but I think Emily is going to be better at telling me things that happened at school than Zoe has been, and I'm hoping that this will get Zoe talking more. It did yesterday. Zoe thought it was great that I got the homework on the first day of school instead of her. I spent my evening filling out paperwork for both Zoe and Emily. That should be my only night of homework, Zoe will have many more-ha ha ha! Zoe remembered this morning (right before it was time to get ready to catch the bus) that she was supposed to do some homework yesterday. So, we endured our first meltdown from Zoe for the schoolyear. I'm not convinced she really had to do what she said she needed to, but she got it done anyway...and then cried because she didn't like her drawing of a deer. She wanted me to draw a deer, and I must admit that it would have passed for a 2nd grade drawing, but I said no. She needs to do her own homework, plus she draws much better than I do. Just ask Eleanor who asked me to draw a horse for her, and she got an ant eater instead!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday. Sounds like the first day of school went well. Hope it continues! My third grade grandson has a bad habit of forgetting his homework at school. We're hoping he'll do better this year!

Kristen said...

Oh, homework issues! They are the worst!! I like it when school is in session, but I hate the homework struggles.

Ashley Lasbury said...

Isn't it sad when your kids are better artists then you are? All of my kids can draw better then their Mom. Even my 4 year old!

momofalltrades said...

OH I dread the beginning of school paper slide! When I had three in school it was a nightmare!

Dawn said...

I hope the apple tree is growing. IT has been such fun for us to watch.