Friday, August 10, 2012

I am a Latter-Day Saint

And I am.

Zoe & I are on a road trip with Patti, Luzvie, Kristen, Kayla, Kathleen, Kes, Brittyn & Morgan.  We rented a 12 passenger van and headed out from the church around 9:30 this morning.  We stopped in Scarborough for lunch at Subway.  We arrived a half hour late to the tri-stake Young Women's Conference in Exeter New Hampshire, but we were able to get registered quick and then sit down with everyone for the opening song.  We only missed the registration time.  The theme for the conference is Be a standard for the nations.  After the welcome, we went to 3 different workshops.  I went to The Ten Virgins. Prepare to meet the Savior.  This class focused on the standards in the For the strength of youth pamphlet.  We got a sticker of an oil lamp to put on our cell phones since the teachers used cell phone batteries as an example of the oil in our day.  The second class I went to was called Remember who you are.  What stood out to me was the fact that Satan wants us to feel small and he holds us back.  Satan has no power over us unless we allow him to have power over us.  The third class I went to was called Stop it - Principles from President Uchtdorf.  We talked about the consequences of judging others.  Zoe went to this class first, then she made an Arise and shine forth craft, and then she went to the prepare to meet the Savior class.  We met back in the cultural hall for pizza.  Then we heard from Sister & President Wood (the Boston Temple Matron & President).  President Wood told a lot of fun stories.  Now, we are in a hotel in Massachusetts.  Some of us went swimming.  I went in the pool long enough to cool off, which wasn't for very long and then I relaxed in the hot tub.  :-)

No comments: