Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Work AND Play Day

Matt, Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, & I had a productive morning. Matt & the girls worked outside on the house and I stayed inside to vacuum. Zach, Kate, & Noah played really well together, so I was able to work without too many interruptions.

When I was moving our photo albums into a drawer that wasn't being used in our room, Zach noticed the drawer and he was quite impressed with my work. "Wow Mom! That looks really organized! You are doing a lot of hard work!" A child who appreciates my organization, gotta love it!

Zoe's new school backpack arrived today in the mail.

Last year, Zoe wanted this backpack, but we didn't have the money to buy it for her. She looked for it on the LL Bean website a few weeks ago, but she couldn't find it, so I looked on ebay. We won the brand new backpack with the tags still on it and Zoe is very happy about that. :-)

We all went to the pool this afternoon. It was just too hot to work outside all day in the sun, so Matt & the girls worked this morning and then went back out after dinner. My Mom, Aly, & Phil came swimming, too. Since there were multiple adults there, Zach & Kate were able to spend time in the deep end jumping into the pool. They were very happy about that!

We ate fresh lettuce from our garden this evening. We haven't had much luck in the past growing lettuce, but we have a lot of good lettuce this year. We have lettuce thanks to Matt because I wasn't going to plant it this year. He bought the seeds and made sure it got planted, and I'm glad he did.

Emily has been debating what instrument she wants to learn how to play this year in school. She has been mentioning the clarinet, but was also considering the saxophone. Today she declared that she has made up her mind and she wants to play the saxophone. If she sticks with this decision, we'll need to have my saxophone looked at and probably worked on, so Emily can start using it. :-)

I insisted that the kids watch "Punky Brewster" this evening instead of their usual shows. I had a feeling that Eleanor would like it the most, and I was right. It was fun to hear her laugh, she has a great laugh.

No comments: