Monday, July 25, 2011

Celebrating Pioneer Day the Maine Way

With lobster!

Notice the lobster behind Kate & Noah.

Kate & Noah didn't want to get too close to the lobster at first, but Zoe & Aly were not afraid of them. Zach was hesitant until he was shown the rubber bands around the claws which prevent the lobsters from pinching.

The kids had fun playing with their food. The first picture in this post captures the lobsters racing, could you tell? Some of the kids tried to convince us to save the lobsters as pets, but it didn't work. All of the lobsters had an owner and a name before they went into the pot.

My sister, Donna arrived today, yay! She will be leaving tomorrow night with Aly & Phil.


My Mom, Donna, Phil, Aly, Zoe, and I played a very long game of Phase 10 today. We started in the afternoon and we finished this evening around 9pm. We took a break in the middle of the game, so the kids & I could come home for FHE. Then Zoe & I went back to my parents' house to finish the game.

No comments: