Monday, July 18, 2011

Sand, sand, and more sand

The kids (including Aly) and I went to Sand Beach today. It was my first time ever going to Sand Beach "alone" and entering the local way (meaning the free entrance instead of paying an arm and a leg to go to the beach). It took me awhile to find the local way, but after calling another friend for directions, we made it! The local way requires a short, doable hike, which I was a bit nervous about because we were wearing flip flops and carrying beach gear, but the hike is just a walk along a path.

So, Emily got her wish and bigger waves were enjoyed today. At the end of the day, Emily decided these waves were too big, so we will search for something smaller than this and bigger than Lamoine. Emily & Eleanor did get thrashed around quite a bit and several waves flipped them over. They did not like that at all! I wouldn't like it either.
Zach didn't go out as far as the girls, but he had the most fun in the waves out of the younger kids.
Noah & Kate were quite content to sit in their chairs, eat, and observe. The cup holders on their chairs are great food holders. :-)
Zach decided to eat and observe for awhile as well.
Of course, they played in the sand, too!
Kate and her volcano.
We had a fun day! I enjoyed some reading time while the kids played. Reading and eating in the sun...a little bit of heaven. :-)

The only bummer was when Aly lost her glasses in the ocean. Not good.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Looks like a great day. Where is that beach? Glad you found out how to get in free!

I hope it's not super hot and muggy while I'm out there. It's been really hot here the last couple of days, and I'm not a fan!