Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Eating Out & Shopping

Zoe gave me a list of things she wants to do before the end of Summer and going to a restaurant was on the list. I took the kids to Friendly's for dinner this evening ($1.99 kids meals on Wednesdays...love it!) before Young Women's and Activity Days. Zach, Kate, Noah, and I went to Goodwill while Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor were involved in their activities. I would much rather go shopping at Goodwill by myself, but I like having the kids involved in picking out their clothes. I did buy a pair of pants for Eleanor that can roll up and become capri pants without her being there to approve. I don't think she loves the pants, but I'm hoping she will still wear them. Eleanor is hard to buy pants for because they either fit perfect in length, but not in the waist or they fit perfectly around the waist, but are too short or too long in length. The pants I bought can be capri style, so that solves the length issue and the waist is adjustable, so I'm hoping she can get the waist to fit the way she likes it to. I found a cute hooded sweater for Kate and she talked me into water shoes. Zach talked me into a pair of slides. I had no plans to buy shoes, but the water shoes will come in handy on Friday when we go to the beach and the slides can be worn to the pool or beach. Noah didn't have any luck talking me into buying him anything.

It is our week to clean the church, along with my parents, but Patti was looking for service for the Young Women to do, so they cleaned the church for us this evening. :-)

Zoe experienced a bit of heaven this evening. She had played a bit of basketball before leaving church, she was given a bag of chocolates before heading home, and she had a good book to read. Life is good!

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm with Zoe, that does sound heavenly (even without the basketball :)) Summer always goes by so fast, I'm glad you could cross something off the list. I hope everyone is feeling better.

I need more info on this house project! It's exciting!