Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Motherhood can be hard

Today is a day where I wonder where I have gone wrong as a Mom. So much bickering and fighting going on! As I prayed this evening, I questioned how we can feel and share more love and feel the influence of the Spirit more. The thought came to me that we need to surrounded ourselves with more uplifting entertainment. What we watch and listen to really does impact our choices of behavior. It shouldn't surprise me that the one day of the week that our kids go to church and do not watch any tv (besides church videos) and have very little influence from the world, they play together more and get along better. It is possible to make every day like that, to limit our worldly influence and immerse ourselves in activities that will invite the Spirit into our homes and into our lives. It is not easy, but it is possible.

So, besides bickering and fighting, let's take a look at what else went on today. The younger 4 kids and I went to Walmart and the Brewer Library while Zoe and Emily stayed home to clean the bathroom and clean up the house. We all went over to my parents' house later in the afternoon. My Dad, Phil, Aly, Zoe, and I played a game of Phase 10. I won! :-)

A few things happened while at my parents'. The first thing is quite disgusting, but could have been worse. After Kate finished eating cereal from a bowl with a built in straw, I rinsed out her bowl and out came an earwig from the straw. EWWWW! I am so glad she didn't drink from the straw!

The second thing was a bit scary, but could have been worse. Noah hadn't been seen for awhile, so we went searching for him. I went outside and heard him crying. He was in the car. Fortunately, the window was down. He had left his shoes in the car, so he got in the car to put them on and then he couldn't get back out. Even with the window down, he was hot and sweaty. I am so thankful that he is okay!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Yuck - earwigs are so disgusting!! I can remember when they used to jump out of our ears of corn when we had a garden. Ugh. And the scare with the car - oh, that could have been a disaster. Thank the angel that was watching over him!

We have no agenda for our time out there at this moment - we're waiting to get together to decide. I don't know if we'll go to Acadia and/or Bar Harbor of if we'll head a direction we haven't been yet. Their address is Litchfield, she works in Augusta, and he works in Winthrop. Hopefully they'll live in Augusta before too much longer. Send me your phone number in case we're in your direction. The tournament is Friday, Dwight's birthday is Saturday, Kevin and Angie are both off on Monday and Kev is off on Tuesday. It'll go so fast!!

Bickering is the most frustrating thing to me - I have to keep reminding the girls that they're the best friends they'll ever have and that they're teaching the twins really bad behavior. Drives me nuts.

Mal said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Ugh, earwigs--I'd say they're on par with silverfish on the gross scale. Although silverfish do tend to come in ENORMOUS groups--which makes them worse.

I'm grateful Noah was okay--man, that'd scare the daylights out of me!