Friday, July 29, 2011

Another Early Start

We had more lumber delivered today. I didn't have to worry about wasting my day away waiting for the lumber since it arrived at 6:22am! I was already awake, it just surprised me. When I heard a beeping sound, I thought one of the kids had set the alarm on their Nintendo, but then I realized it was the delivery truck.


Here is a daytime picture of the house progress.


My Mom treated the kids & I to lunch at Governor's. The kids were super well behaved. :-)

We stopped at the Children's Museum before coming home. Zach was hoping to get to do a project and he wasn't disappointed. The kids made sand print fossils...that smell like coffee.

During the explanation of what a fossil is, Noah was picked to demonstrate a dead dinosaur.

Here he is being covered up by layers and layers of dirt and other stuff.
Then millions of years later, he is found...a fossil. :-)
Kate, Noah, & Zach spent quite a bit of time in the dino dig.
The older girls were reconstructing faces.
Before...
After...(A creation by Zoe & Emily)
Eleanor's creation




The kids had a package waiting for them when we got home. They each have a new Summer T-shirt from Aunt Kerri, Uncle Jon, & Family! The shirts were a big hit!

Matt is camping out this evening. So far he has met his goal and he has camped out every month this year.

The kids are watching "Cats and Dogs" and eating popcorn. I am a new fan of the Orville Redenbacher Pop Up Bowl popcorn. The box I bought has 6 packages, perfect for 6 kids. I love how easy it is to tear the cover off the paper bowl when the popcorn is done, hand the bowl to a child, and then throw the paper bowl away when it is empty.

The kids are sleeping in the living room tonight. That seems to be the norm when Matt is not here and it's not a school night.

No comments: