Thursday, February 25, 2010

This and That Thursday

Kate started using the "big potty" last night. Yay! Yesterday, she was using the Dora seat that sits on the toilet, but I encouraged her before bed to just sit on the toilet while I held her, so she did. She used the toilet all by herself this morning. :-) Now we have 7 people using 1 toilet.

Zach, Kate, and Noah have been painting every day this week. Noah paints until he starts bathing in the paint and then he gets cut off.

I love it when cute, 19 month old Noah sees something cute like a dog and says "awww". It is the cutest thing!

There was a bomb threat found at Zoe's school on Tuesday. I wouldn't say that bomb threats happen frequently at the schools here, but they have happened enough that I wasn't shocked when she told me. The threats seem to always be in a bathroom just like the one on Tuesday. The bomb threat was found by one of Zoe's classmates and it was toward the end of the day, so the school was evacuated and then the buses were called to come a bit early to get the students. The buses still had to pick up the students at the other schools, so Zoe didn't get home any earlier than she normally does.

6 comments:

Martie said...

Hurray for Kate! Except for the overcrowding part. :O)

MJ said...

wow. we have just me and my husband using our bathroom and have decided we need at least TWO toilets based off that. :)

Gabriela said...

Yay Kate!

Look on the bright side of one potty-you only have one to clean! I try to get the boys to go in one potty (this apartment has EIGHT), but they're dirtying up the other ones in the house as well. There's nothing worse than sitting down on a wet seat. EWWWWWW.

That's disturbing about the bomb threats.

Mal said...

Wait, what grade is Zoe in?

I never remember having a long waiting time for the bathroom growing up. Okay, well, that's not entirely true. I did have to wait when Levi went through his primping stage--not that he's ever gotten over that, it's just I don't live with him anymore!

Kris said...

Bomb threats, that is random? does it seem to be students wanting out of school or what??

Janae said...

Yay Kate! Always an exciting accomplishment:) bomb threats...sounds very annoying!
My girls are always begging to paint, you are good! I need to be better.