Sunday, February 28, 2010

A new calling

When I got to church this morning, Jerry told me that a member of the Branch Presidency wanted to talk with me. I knew changes were being made in the different organizations and because of a comment that President Dauk said to me on Tuesday night, I suspected that I would be getting a new calling, but I wasn't sure if it would be in addition to teaching Sunday School or if I would get released from my current calling. Before Tuesday night, I thought I was safe from these changes because I thought for sure I would have my current calling until the end of the year. Brother Dalton told me that Sunshine Barrett was going to be called as the new Primary President and then he asked me if I would accept the call to be her 2nd counselor. I had wondered if I would get called back into Primary as a counselor, but I thought Dodie would still be President. I said I would accept the calling. I am excited to serve with Sunshine and Kristen Speranza and I am looking forward to being in a Presidency again.

Brother Dalton told me I will be released from teaching Sunday School, but not today. So for next week, I get to prepare my Sunday School lesson AND prepare a Singing Time for the Primary children. I actually volunteered to do Singing Time because that is one of the callings I would love to have...Primary Chorister. I have grown used to teaching Sunday School and I have learned so much in this calling. A part of me will miss it. I won't miss stressing about my lessons on Saturday nights, though. I look forward to enjoying my Saturdays again. Matt predicts a month before they release me. We shall see.

Here are the other new presidencies that were called today:

Relief Society President: Jessica Millis
Relief Society 1st Counselor: Tiffany Dauk
Relief Society 2nd Counselor: Lucve Estacio

Young Women's President: Patti Riggs

On the way home, Matt pointed out that for the next year while I am serving in Primary, all of our children will be in Primary. That will be true until Zoe turns 12 in March of 2011.

2 comments:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

Congrats! Music is fun, it was my favorite part :) But you've got your work cut out for you!

Janae said...

Sounds like you will be very busy for the next while...maybe you won't be doing double as long as Matt thinks? that will be fun to get to be in primary with all of your kids. I do love being in there with mine that are there:) it is a fun time.