Saturday, February 27, 2010

Abandonment

That's what my kids feel when I go to the temple and leave them with Matt, which is what I am doing today. The Booths are coming over this morning to bring Eleanor to her first basketball practice and then a few hours later, Matt will take Emily to her first basketball practice. I'm not sure how that is all going to work out and I'm not sure Matt does either, but I'm sure it will work out. Matt and the kids always do fine when I'm gone, but a part of me wonders if I should leave. I'm going to the temple with my parents. I anticipate a fun, uplifting time. I hope my kids get past being abandoned and have a fun day, too.

6 comments:

Ave said...

I think that the feeling of abandonment means that you are doing your job and being a fabulous mother! Don't let it bother you. Matt is totally capable, and how else will he get to be a better fill in if you don't leave him to do it alone every once in a while.:) Hope you had a beautiful day!

Mal said...

At least they're with their father. My parents split me and Alexa from our brothers and dropped us off with some cousins. Not that we cared that much...

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

Oh they'll get over it. Kids are resilient. The best thing you can do to be a good mom is to take care of their mom. Don't feel bad for doing that in such a wonderful way.

Dawn said...

You need some time to yourself, too!

Martie said...

Bah, I do that too! I feel guilty if I leave my children, but amazingly, they are still alive and breathing when I get home. Isn't it funny how we set a standard for ourselves, and yet when the husbands have to do what we always do, we think it's too much? Ha! Silly us.

I hope you had a great time at the temple. I envy that!

ML said...

When we would return from our 2 or 3 days at the temple, we would go to pick up the girls first--"Ho-hum. Couldn't you get the boys first? We're not ready to leave yet."
So we would go get the boys--"*sobbing* Mom! Dad! We didn't know if you were coming back! *sniffing*"
Lol! Hope you had a great day.