Monday, February 15, 2010

Potty Success and February Vacation

By Friday afternoon, I was getting a bit discouraged with Kate's potty training progress. Then without me knowing, Kate started to poop in her underwear, but then finished on the potty...ALL BY HERSELF! On Saturday, she went poop on the potty again without me knowing. YAY! Saturday and Sunday were accident-free days for Kate! I love it! We brought her potty chair with us to our branch activity Friday night, where we said good-bye to the Wilson family. :-( We also brought her potty chair to church with us yesterday. I'm hoping Kate will progress to using the big toilet this week, but I'm perfectly content with accident-free days using the little potty...even if I have to bring it everywhere we go.

Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor started their February vacation Friday afternoon. My mom took the day off from work, so she came over for lunch and then we played a game of Phase 10. Zoe and Emily went home with my mom to spend the night. They came to the branch activity Friday night and of course they watched one of their Harry Potter movies that they got for Christmas during their sleepover. Zoe and Emily grumble at me because I won't let them lock themselves in the bathroom here at home to watch Harry Potter. My parents took Zoe and Emily to a few High School basketball tournament games on Saturday. That is the big thing around here during February vacation, the basketball tournaments. My kids are looking forward to ice skating this week. I have plans to take the older 4 to the ice rink in town this afternoon and then again Thursday evening. The kids are very excited! Kate and Noah will be staying home with Matt to watch Dora, and Kate will continue to use her potty. :-)

6 comments:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

Yay on the success!

Mal said...

Maybe she was just scared of being watched while she pooped. It's nice she's finally going!

Gabriela said...

Way to go Kate! That's awesome. As you know, we carried that darn potty with us everywhere, but he finally gave in to going on the big potty. He still won't stand up which I think is weird for a boy with 2 older brothers, but, whatever, I'm not going to complain.

Keep up the good work, Kate!

Dawn said...

Very amazing - you're good at this! Want to come out to Colorado and show us how to do it? We've got two at once coming up here!

Janae said...

Yay for Kate and you:) Really is the best thing ever when life is diaper free...even though were back to diapers over here! Sounds like some fun vacation plans for the kids:)

Kris said...

Good job Kate! I hope everyone is enjoying the vacation so far!