Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Day 1 of potty training Kate

Kate had the best 1st day of potty training out of all of the kids so far. I'm sure that is due in part to my experience, but mostly to the fact that she has been unofficially potty training for a year now. She has been watching her Potty Power video on and off for the past year and going on her potty whenever she feels like it for the past year. Yesterday was the 1st day to say that she is 3 years old now and she is wearing underwear, so she needs to pee and poop on the potty all the time, not just when she feels like it. She watched Potty Power after the girls left for school and then she went pee on the potty and started wearing her underwear. She went pee on the potty 11 times, had 3 pee accidents, and 1 poop accident. Zach didn't have any successes on his first day and he was completely potty trained by the end of a week, so Kate is off to a great start!

One new thing I did with Kate was to have a different book waiting for her in the bathroom. When I would tell her it was time to sit on her potty, she would get excited to see which book I would be reading to her while she sat on her potty.

Several times yesterday, Kate said, "I think I need to go pee", so we rushed into the bathroom. We didn't make it a couple of times, with pee gushing out one time as I pulled down her pants...fun!, but I was happy that she is already recognizing the need to pee.

2 comments:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

Yay for easy potty training! Lucy was perfect (only two accidents ever).

Emma is an entirely different story.

Dreading training Spencer.

Kris said...

Go Kate! (ha ha :) )