Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm still me

I have been pondering what Eleanor said to me yesterday when I was cleaning the bathroom..."I can't wait to be a mom!...Moms are always busy...I like to be busy." Hmmm...I hope I am busy doing the right things. I like to putter around the house and clean. I find myself often doing more cleaning and organizing than playing with the kids and spending time with them. A good day is when I make time for both.

Zoe and Emily went with their friends, Caitlin and Cassidy to see "Fantastic Mr. Fox" at the Grand theater yesterday. The Grand offers a $1 movie during vacation week for the kids. :-) They went over to Caitlin's and Cassidy's house after the movie to play and they ate subway sandwiches before coming home. A fun day for Zoe and Emily!

I went to see "New Moon" again last night. This time I went with my parents and my grandmother. It was fun to have a night out. As I was driving home and enjoying my time alone, I was thinking of different things that I like to do. I felt like just me during that time, not a wife, not a mother, just me and it was fun to think about me for a time. That hasn't happened in a long time!

1 comment:

Martie said...

Good for you! Those alone times are hard to come by, but they make you a better person. I took far too few of those breaks for the first 20 years of being a mom. Now I work escapes in better, and feel less guilty about them, and my hubs is learning that they are important. I'm glad you got to go!