Monday, February 22, 2010

End of Vacation Highlights and Rowing

The end of February vacation has arrived. The girls are in school as I type.

Friday night, the kids and I went to Luiz's baptism. Luiz is one of our primary children who just turned 8. Zoe said the opening prayer at his baptism. There was a yummy spaghetti dinner and birthday cake after the baptism. The kids had fun playing soccer when everything was cleaned up. Zach, Kate, and Noah entertained themselves with different balls. The kids were having so much fun playing and they were getting lots of energy out, so I let them play and we ended up being the last to leave.

Matt went to help out at a stake youth activity on Saturday, so the kids and I went over to my parents' house. Eleanor and Zach stayed behind when the rest of us left to stay the night. Zoe, Emily, and I watched the 6th Harry Potter movie after Kate and Noah went to bed.

Matt stayed home on Sunday with Kate and Noah. Kate woke up coughing and Noah had been coughing throughout the night. The 4 older kids and I went over to my parents' house after church for a yummy ham dinner.

I have a new morning routine. I am getting up at 5am to row and then taking my shower before the kids get up at 6am. I had been getting up at 5:30 to shower before the kids get up. I love getting up before the kids! The rowing worked well in the afternoon when I was only rowing for 3 minutes, but I am up to rowing 20 minutes at a time and that is hard to do with kids around. I'd rather row before the kids are awake so there are no interruptions, plus I prefer to exercise in the morning anyway. I'm too tired at night to row after the kids go to bed.

4 comments:

Mal said...

I've always loved getting up before everyone else in my house. Even in high school. I think it was mainly 'cause I never had time alone in my house with all my siblings around. It's held on still to now. I like the quiet time.

Ave said...

I've always wanted to learn how to row a little skiff. It looks so romantic seeing people rowing on the bay.

Kris said...

Wow, 5 am, that is early. Good for you!! you are so disciplined. It sounds like a fun vacation had by all.

Martie said...

Rowing sounds great! And I am so impressed that you are getting up early to work out. I am still having a lot of trouble finding time to exercise now that I am making hot breakfasts every morning for the early birds. Hopefully I will be able to figure out something.

I do love to get up before everyone and have some solitude. Solitude= sanity. :O)

Martie