Friday, February 05, 2010

Succeeding

I have done as planned and I have had snacks ready for the older girls when they get home from school and I have sat at the table with them as we eat and talk. Yesterday, we got talking about riding horses, which led to talking about one of my favorite movies, "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken", which led to eating dinner, getting the house cleaned up (the kids are very good about helping each other clean up their rooms when the reward will be a movie), and getting ready for bed, so we could sit down to watch the movie on Netflix. Matt had his High Council meeting last night. The kids enjoyed the movie, although they thought it was sad. Zoe enjoyed the fact that the movie takes place during the depression since she is studying that period of time in school right now.

2 comments:

Mal said...

I love Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken!

Martie said...

Wonderful! I love making myself available to my children. I find they are much more agreeable and obedient when I do. It sounds like you had a great day!