Monday, November 30, 2009

The South Beach Diet

The holidays are here and Matt and I are on a diet. I wanted to start the diet on January 1st, but Matt was determined to start the day after Thanksgiving to avoid gaining the holiday pounds. Good idea, but I wasn't determined to do the same. Matt started the diet the day after Thanksgiving and I enjoyed the leftover pies. Matt went to the temple that day, so I was able to eat without tempting him. That night I felt super full, fat, and blah. I was ready to start the diet. So, Saturday was our official 1st day of the diet together. It was easy for me since I was still full from all the desserts I ate the day before. I got sick that night and was still recovering on day 2, so the second day was easy as well. Today was a bit more challenging. I was craving a tall glass of orange juice this morning, but I drank water instead with my breakfast. I would have drank milk, but all we had was whole milk, which is not allowed. The rest of the day wasn't as bad. I'm not flirting with the idea of abandoning the diet anymore as I was while eating breakfast.

Matt started feeling sick before he got home this evening, so he skipped dinner. He made it through FHE and then he went to bed. We are hoping this flu only hits us all once!

The kids are already noticing that we are all eating healthier as a family now. Kate was snacking on a celery stick this afternoon and everything on the table this evening was healthy. The kids were impressed! There are a lot more green vegetables to choose from at dinnertime and the salmon we had the other night and the london broil we had this evening were delicious! I am not a salmon fan, but I loved this salmon!

We will lose weight not gain weight this holiday season! That's the plan, anyway.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Good luck! I hope Matt is feeling better.

Martie said...

That's so awesome, and it's great that you're working together! I can't wait to see how it goes.

Martie