Thursday, November 26, 2009

Plan C

Well, this Thanksgiving hasn't gone as planned, but it has still been a nice day.

Zach stayed over at my parents' house last night and he had a great time. He was treated to McDonald's for dinner and he enjoyed special time with his Grammie and Grampie. Our plan today was to meet my parents, Zach, my niece, Victoria, and my grandmother at Bugaboo Creek at 12:30. My mom called us late this morning to let us know that Zach threw up this morning. Plan B was set in place. Matt and I stayed home with Zach, Kate, and Noah while my parents, Victoria, my grandmother, Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor went to Bugaboo Creek. Zach was acting fine, but we decided to be safe rather than sorry. We would meet up at my parents' house later on in the afternoon. Matt and I watched an episode of "Dirty Jobs", while Noah took a nap, Zach played, and Kate slept on my lap.

We made it over to my parents' house around 3:00. My parents' ordered a couple of meals to go from Bugaboo Creek, so Matt and I ate at their house. Then we enjoyed dessert. Our choices were pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, and strawberry cheesecake. Usually I buy a strawberry topping, but the stores don't sell it anymore, so Matt made a strawberry topping this morning. It is so much better than the topping I used to buy! My mom, Victoria, and I started a game of Phase 10. Noah started to get fussy and he felt warm. Matt was watching football and holding Noah when Noah threw up. Party's over. Matt and I left with Eleanor, Zach, Kate, and Noah. Zoe and Emily are staying over at my parents' house and are planning on watching the second Harry Potter movie again. They can only watch Harry Potter when the younger kids aren't around, which isn't very often.

Our plan now is to relax and get a good night's rest. I really hope this plan sticks!

2 comments:

mindyluwho said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Sorry I haven't been around in awhile. Somehow you were taken off my reader so I didn't see when a new post was up. That and the fact that I haven't been around too much lately. But now I have you on so will be able to check in more often!

Kris said...

I'm glad you had a mostly happy Thanksgiving... I hope everyone will be healthy now!!