Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sleeping out with the coyotes

We had a family campout at Camp Bravo Tuesday night. Camp was set up by 4:30 and we were eating sandwiches for dinner around 5:00...in the dark!






Time to toast marshmallows!


Matt spent a lot of his time wrestling with Noah to keep him out of the fire.

7:00 felt really late, so the younger kids wanted to get in their sleeping bags.

Noah liked being in the tent because he was free to roam on his own.

When Noah and Kate were tired, but wouldn't settle down to sleep, Matt went to lay down with them. That is when the coyotes began to howl. The girls looked to me for comfort, but I was freaked out myself! We felt better when Matt came back to the fire, although it was noted that Matt didn't bring his gun...the ONE time he doesn't bring his gun to camp.

It was cold out, but not unbearably cold. I stayed warm by the fire, although children kept sitting on my lap and blocking out some of the heat. Zoe and Emily played "20 Questions" by the fire.

Then they went into their own tent and played on their nintendos before going to sleep. Matt and I slept in the big tent with Noah, Kate, Zach, and Eleanor.

I was going to stay up until 8:30, but Zach kept asking me when I was going to go to bed, so I went into the tent with him sometime after 8:00. Everyone seemed to stay warm throughout the night and the kids slept really well.

Good Morning!



Our campout ended when we woke up. It's nice to have camp right next to home. We went into the warm house and ate cereal for breakfast. :-)

No comments: