Sunday, November 22, 2009

1st post from home since March 15th

I am sitting in my own living room as I type this post. I love it! I will not miss going over to my parents' house several afternoons a week to get on the computer for a few hours before the girls got home from school. I would be on the computer, the kids would be demanding food and making messes, then I would get my parents' house back in order and rush home, so we would be home when the girls got off the bus. It is nice that now when I go over to my parents' house, I can enjoy their company and not be stuck in front of their computer.

Our family went to Machias today because Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, and Zach participated in their Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation. Machias has one Primary child who comes with her grandmother, so our 4 kids made up the rest of primary. One Sunday awhile back, Zoe asked the primary leader when they were doing their primary presentation and the primary leader told Zoe that Machias didn't have enough primary kids to do a presentation. Zoe suggested doing the presentation when our kids would be there and the primary leader thought that was a great idea! It was a great idea! My parents went to Machias today, too to watch the presentation. The kids were so cute and they did a great job. Our kids travel to Machias a lot on Sundays with Matt, so the people in the branch know them. I am so proud of our kids for making the presentation possible in Machias. Zoe did a great job singing "I'll Seek the Lord Early" all by herself, the kids all did a great job saying their parts, and for a group of 5, they sang out loud and clear. I'm glad we were able to enjoy 2 primary presentations this year. :-)

Matt made apple crisp this afternoon.

It's great having a husband who makes yummy food for us to enjoy!

3 comments:

Kris said...

Since March 15th really? wow. I'm so glad you have the internet back!! and I'm so glad you kept up your blog even though it was a lot harder. That is so neat that your kids made the primary program happen!!

Phae-Jae said...

Yay! Glad you have internet back at home!

I love that your children helped this branch have their program, I just love it!

MJ said...

YAY!!! So happy you have the internet back again!

Your kids are amazing, by the way. Love hearing about them!