Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Are you in the Christmas spirit?

For some reason, I'm having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I think it has to do with the weather. It has been so nice here that in my mind, it is still too early to be digging out the Christmas decorations and singing Christmas songs.

Last night, I realized that today was going to be December 1st and I was not even close to being prepared for our Christmas countdown, which always starts on December 1st. Well, I did have Matt pick up Christmas books at the library last week and then he handed the books over to my mom that evening and she wrapped them all, but other than that, no preparation. I know, I have a GREAT mother! I am so glad she loves to wrap. When I was on the computer last night, I looked up countdown ideas from the most recent Friend magazine and I looked at past issues as well. I came up with 3 more countdown ideas, but we don't have any ink in our printer, so I asked my mom to print what I needed at her work. Again, I have a GREAT mother! My lack of preparation however resulted in only 2 of the 5 countdown activities being completely ready for this evening. The kids were understanding, though.

I went Christmas shopping with my mom and Victoria this evening. I was supposed to bring home the papers that my mom printed off today, but I never got them from her. Hopefully, I'll get them tomorrow. I wanted to make a paper tree today to put paper ornaments on as one of our countdown ideas, but I didn't get it made and the girls were not excited to make one, so that is on my list of things to do tomorrow.

I did force myself to dig out the Christmas lights today and put some up around the windows in the living room and along the ceiling in the kids' room. I'm glad I did because the excitement on Eleanor's face when she walked through the door after school and saw the lights was worth the effort.

No comments: