Friday, October 19, 2007

A good reason to cry

Kate has been very cranky lately, which I figured was due to teething and/or a minor cold, but it turns out she has Thrush. Which explains why she keeps spitting her binky out lately and she doesn't nurse as long as she usually does and why I have been sore nursing. I started both of us on the medicine today and hopefully we'll be feeling better soon. Kate also has a rash all over her body, but the doctor doesn't think it is related to the Thrush. When the doctor pretty much said that it's nearly impossible to diagnose what is causing a rash I made a mental note to never bring my children to the doctor to diagnose a rash. By the end of the visit the doctor said it is possible that Kate is allergic to yeast which would cause the rash...but who knows. When I looked up Thrush on the internet, I found a few sites that mentioned a rash, so I'm thinking it is connected.

4 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

That is rough to have, hope she recovers quickly!

Kris said...

I hope she feels better soon.

Cindy said...

McKaylie and I went through that. It is NO fun! I hope you're both feeling better soon!

Jenn said...

It's never fun to have a sick little one. Hope she's feeling better soon!