Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Flying solo

Matt is on his way to Utah. He's spending today and tomorrow in Utah where he'll get to spend time with his family and then he's driving to South Dakota with his Dad and his brother to go pheasant hunting. He'll be home in a week, on Halloween night. Wish me luck! My morning has already had the challenge of listening to Zoe and Emily argue over who is going to be a cat for Halloween. Zoe had the idea first and now Emily wants to be one too, but of course Zoe doesn't want Emily to copy her. Having the same costume is NOT acceptable. I really wish they would have found their costumes at the beginning of the month when we first went shopping. I am just not the creative sewing mother who can whip up whatever they want and I no longer have money to spend on costumes. We'll have to see how this all works out.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Good luck, That is never fun. I'll be thinking about you! I also tagged you, check out my blog! :0

Dawn said...

I love it that Eleanor likes washing dishes. I remember those few brief moments in my kids' lives! Also vacuuming.

I have never been a fan of Halloween, dating back to when I didn't have creative costumes as a kid and did not want to spend money or time on making them for mine. I"m with you on this one!

I know I'm a real party pooper, but I like it that we have a Halloween alternative party at our church and I don't have to give out candy at home! Isn't that awful?? I especially get irritated at high school and middle school kids who come and beg.

Kris said...

We're excited for Matt to come!!! But I wish the rest of you were coming too. I hope everything is OK while he's gone. The costumes are always a dilemma. I think I was a "hobo" most years. How about a black bat to go with the cat?

Kristen said...

I'm going to be you in a few short months--a mother of five. I might need some serious tips on how to survive it. Cuz I am gettin' SCARED. I can barely handle three!! YIKES!

LaRae said...

Big sisters NEVER want little sisters to copy them, do they?