Monday, June 11, 2007

Step-up day & Ice cream

It was step-up day for Zoe and Emily today. They met their teachers that they'll have next year and the kids that will be in their class. Zoe got the teacher she wanted, Mrs. LaLonde. I've never met her. She has been a 4th grade teacher, so after teaching 3rd grade next year she will go back to teaching 4th grade the following year. The plan is to have Zoe's class move up to 4th grade with her, so Zoe will have her for 2 years...unless we don't like her. A 3rd grade teacher is retiring after this year, the teacher that both Zoe and I wanted her to have next year :-(
Emily didn't get the teacher I was hoping she would get, but I do like the teacher she got, Mrs. O'Roak. The one time I was in her classroom this year, she helped a boy with an issue he was having and she was very patient. I think Emily will like her. Emily's best friend in her class this year will not be in her class next year. I'm actually okay with that because her friend is pretty rough with Emily, as I noticed the few times I saw her. Emily didn't mind, but I didn't like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As part of our Family Home Evening tonight we went to get ice cream.

I really need to put away the hat and mittens that are in the car and Eleanor insists on still wearing!




On the way home, Eleanor asked if we were going to have a treat. What did she think the ice cream was???

3 comments:

Janae said...

I think it's great the girls got to meet their teachers for next year. I school started doing this and I think it is a great idea. I love that Eleanor is a mittens and hat girl even in June:) We had ice cream tonight also for F.H.E. and Ava cried the whole way their because it was not the ice cream shop she was hoping for. It's always an adventure:)

darkangel said...

It seems like you're really having a good time. Those ice cream sure looks good.

Gina said...

Yeah, Ice Cream is more like a main course... duh... Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way anyway.